Visit the Archives
Board of Trustees
Friends of LAGANZ
From time to time the Board organises events that showcase the collections or introduce the community to topics of New Zealand LGBTTIFQ and historical interest. We are pleased to collaborate with other LGBTTIFQ community groups and supporters.
Sign up for email updates about upcoming events, volunteer activities and LAGANZ news.
- Rainbow Wellington at the Archives (7 June 2018) - A joint event with Rainbow Wellington - LAGANZ curator Linda Evans and Roger Swanson (a trustee) introduced the Archives and presented selected items from its collections.
- 2015 Queer History Month: Queer History in the Making: A Show and Tell Community Event (12 September 2015)
- Book Launch - Perfectly Natural: The Audacious Story of Iris Florence Peter Williams by Julie Glamuzina (29 October 2014)
- Talk - 'Portrayals of LGBT issues in New Zealand political cartoons, 2004-2014' by Valerie Love (30 April 2014)
- 2014 Queer History Month - Speakers Mani Mitchell & Mark Hutchins-Pond (24 September 2014)
- 2013 Queer History Month - Tours of Archives New Zealand (10, 28 September 2013)
- Wellington 2011, 2nd Asia Pacific Outgames Human Rights Conference (16 - 18 March 2011)
- An Afternoon at the Archives (28 November 2012)
- Wellington Queer History Walks (28 February, 1 March 2009; 23 & 24 January 2010) - Hugh Young and Alison Laurie began their Queer Walks as part of the Devotion, the annual queer festival in Wellington during the 1990s, including a Parade and a Dance Party. Though Devotion faded from the scene (and is today part of our queer history’), the Walks were revived for Pride 09. There is a programme from a Devotion tour available on queerhistory.net.nz
Monthly LGBTI walk tours in the Wellington CBD are now offered by Walk Tours NZ
- 20 Years On - Homosexual Law Reform Conference (1 & 2 December 2006), National Library, Wellington
- What Are You Afraid Of? Photographic Exhibition - LAGANZ organised, with David Hindley, a photographic exhibition celebrating the 20th anniversary of the homosexual law reform bill. It was shown in Wellington, Aucklend and Christchurch.
- Out Takes 2006 (2 June 2006) - Drinks and nibbles for Friends of LAGANZ at the Out Takes 2006: A Reel Queer Film Festival screening of Susan Stryker's documentary Screaming Queens: The Riot At Compton's Cafeteria.
- "Outlines: Lesbian and gay histories of Aotearoa" (15 December 2005) - Launch event in Wellington of the 'Outlines' book which included some papers from the Outlines conference held in 2003.
- Out Takes 2005 (11 June 2005) - Screening of The Hidden History of Homosexual Australia.
- Out Takes 2004 Wellington screening of No Secret Anymore!: The Times Of Del Martin & Phyllis Lyon (6 June 2004) -
- Screening of documentary film Formerly Known As James Mack (21 September 2003) - A benefit screening for LAGANZ of Marian Evans' documentary film about Galvan Macnamara ("Formerly Known As James Mack", later issued as "Sister Galvan") which was part of the Women's Film Festival (18 - 21 September) coinciding with the 110th anniversary of women's suffrage in New Zealand. There is more information here, and links to videoclips on youtube in an article on the wellywoodwoman blog.
- Outlines Conference: Lesbian and Gay History in New Zealand (15 - 16 February 2003)
- Outlines: Lesbian and Gay Liberation in the 1970s Exhibition (November 2002 - March 2003)
Last updated: 27/4/2020
Lesbian and Gay Archives of New Zealand (LAGANZ) | Te Pūranga Takatāpui o Aotearoa
PO Box 11-695, Manners St, Wellington 6142
Alexander Turnbull Library, 70 Molesworth St, Wellington 6011
Curator Tel: +64 4 462 3972 |
Trust Secretary Mob: +64 27 444 3961
firstname.lastname@example.org | facebook.com/lgarchivesnz | instagram.com/lgarchivesnz