Visit the Archives
Board of Trustees
Friends of LAGANZ
Objects of the Lesbian and Gay Archives of New Zealand Trust
LAGANZ's Board of Trustees, the curators
appointed by the trustees and members of Friends
of LAGANZ agree to support these objects set out in the LAGANZ Trust
- The provision of an archival repository for the personal papers of
lesbians and gay men, the archives of lesbian and gay organisations
and for related documents of historical interest.
- The provision of an advisory service to assist lesbian and gay
organisations to preserve and organise their archives.
- The active collection, preservation and making available for
creative use of the historical and cultural records of lesbians and
- The advancement of learning and research through the facilitation of
access to historical and, cultural and sociological documents on the
subjects of human sexual orientation, behaviour and identity.
- The promotion of a supportive social environment for lesbians, gay
men and their families and the promotion of the health of lesbians and
- The facilitation of public education to promote wider understanding
of sexual orientation and identity, and in particular to combat
prejudices against people stigmatised on account of their sexual
orientation or identity.
Last updated: 16/10/07
Lesbian and Gay Archives of New Zealand (LAGANZ) | Te Pūranga Takatāpui o Aotearoa
PO Box 11-695, Manners Street, Wellington
Alexander Turnbull Library, 58-78 Molesworth Street
Tel: +64 4 474 3000
Fax: +64 4 474 3063